Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blog Analysis

Title: I wanted the title to be simple but not completely plain to the point where it doesn’t catch a reader’s eye. I decided to go with “So Sophisticated: The Arts at PSU” because it pretty much sums up what the arts at Penn State are in one word. Sophisticated. Even through all that has happened in the past year, the academics and student/faculty body has remained sophisticated and showed the world that Penn State is and will always be a great institution.

Template: "Simplicity is best" is the motto I kept in my head while I was deciding how I wanted my blog to look. I wanted my blog to be easy to navigate through because I know how quick young adults (including myself) get frustrated when they can't find something on a blog/website. After changing my mind multiple times I finally decided to choose the "Watermark" for my template. I then changed the background to a spotlight because I want the readers to know that the arts at Penn State are in the spotlight.

Color: I decided to go with a sunset color because I feel that it gives the reader a mellow and relaxed feeling. I want the readers to feel like they are at home while reading my blog posts. I didn't want something to bright and flamboyant. For the text colors I just stuck with black, white, and grey. Many times I have come across articles that were in colors such as pink, red, blue, etc. that were pretty hard to read. So to keep it simple, I decided that black, white, and grey would do the trick.

Font: After going through the entire list of fonts and seeing how my title looked with all of them, I finally decided that the "Lobster" font would be the one. I like the cursive look it has to it and I think my title looks great. For the post texts, I went with the font "Georgia" because it's plain, easy to read, and also happens to be the name of my mom =)

Pages: As I stated earlier, I want my blog to be simple and easy to navigate. So to accomplish that, I put pages in my blog so that everything is easy to find. So far I have a "Home" page and an "About Me" page and I'll probably add some more as we get further into the semester. The "About Me" page basically will tell you about myself, my interests, etc. and I like that better then the "About Me" sidebar because get to let the readers know who I am.

I think my blog looks pretty good. It definitely took longer then I expected because I changed my mind a lot and I got distracted every now and then by Twitter, Skype, or the people that live on my floor. After all these hours, I now have a blog that I am satisfied with and that I believe says who I am as a person. I am pretty quiet and relaxed and I wanted my blog to have a relaxed feeling. I hope that through this blogging course I will learn how to not be so quiet and let my voice be heard through words. I am also looking forward to seeing everyone's opinion on things because I might learn a thing or two from them.

1 comment: