Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Big Sean: PSU Hoops Madness


On October 25th 2012, rapper Big Sean came to Penn State to perform for Penn State’s Annual Hoops Madness at the Rec Hall. As soon as word spread around that Big Sean was coming to PSU and that the event was free, everyone was beyond excited. I had recently seen Big Sean at the Made in America Festival in Philadelphia on September 1st and he did a great performance so I was excited to see him again. I knew that the line was going to be long because the event was free so my friends and I decided that I would be the one to hold a spot in line since I finished class the earliest. After my Economics class was finished at 3:20, I quickly grabbed a bite to eat at The Mix, dropped my backpack off in my room, then made my way to Rec Hall. When I arrived there around 4:15 the line was actually not to long. By 5:30 my entire group of friends were standing with me in line and we were chatting away with everyone in line. When 6:00 rolled around, the line was so long, it was going down Burrowes Road. At 6:25, everyone was so anxious and excited that people started pushing and the doors weren’t even open yet! Finally at 6:30, the doors opened and my friends and I ran in screaming and sat in seats near the front.

The opening performers for the event were Penn State’s Blue Band followed by the Lionettes and the Cheerleaders. They all did a great job hyping up the crowd and showing school spirit. Dance crew Ram Squad also did a performance which was pretty cool and the crowd loved them. After that, the girl’s and boy’s basketball teams were introduced. When they came running out, they threw t-shirts into the crowd and I had fun trying to catch them. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful at catching one but my friend was lucky and ended up catching 4 t-shirts. The boy’s team then had a slam dunk competition and even did a dance routine. Finally, the lights dimmed and Big Sean graced us with his presence to the song “I Don’t Like“. The crowd was going wild as he came out. He performed many of his hit songs like “Dance (A$$)”, “Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay“, “Clique“, “Mercy“, “High“, and “I Do It” to name a few. When performed “Burn” by himself and rapper Meek Mill, my friends and I went crazy. Meek Mill is a rapper from Philadelphia so we hype as ever rapping along to the song. Overall, I had a blast at the concert. Big Sean did just as great when I saw him at the Made in America Festival in September. This concert will be another memory of my fun times during my freshman year at Penn State.





No comments:

Post a Comment